By Ron Pereira
Thanks to everyone that took the time to complete the survey we put out last week. We do appreciate it! And if you didn’t have a chance to complete this quick survey (took most folks less than 1 minute) it’s not too late… just click here.
I thought I’d go ahead and share a few of the things we learned and, in some cases, confirmed.
Favorite Types of IE Articles
First, we learned that most of you (75%) like our spiritually based articles best with our fitness articles coming in second (20.83%) and nutrition based articles third (4.17%).
Here were a few of the comments we received for this question.
- I enjoy it when you discuss the similarities between the spiritual life and exercise habits
- General life motivation dialogue
- The fitness & nutrition stuff woven in is really good
- Spirit and Body! It is a great combination
What You’d Like to See More Of
We then asked folks to tell us what they’d like to see more of. Here are a few of the responses.
- Practical day-to-day suggestions for spirituality and fitness
- More on leadership
- Submissions from other men
- Practical opportunities to combine the physica/spiritual (i.e. cold showers, sleep w/o pillow, etc)
- Spiritual guidance and tips for us fathers and husbands
- I think some content on our relationships with others. Co-workers, family, friends, and how they relate in the spiritual life.
We’ve already started to work on some of these. In fact, we’ve already asked our Brother in Christ, Brian Squibbs, to write a post about the Troops of St. George. By the way, if you have a son between the ages of 6 and 18 and want to grow closer to him and closer to Christ you NEED to check out TSG. There is not a better solution for Catholic men and their boys.
Finally, 33% of the respondents attempted or finished the Intentional Wellness 40 day plan. At first I was disappointed in this number but then I read the comments and learned that many of you already had a workout routine (belong to a gym, etc.). So then I felt a little better. Here were a few of the comments associated with this question.
- But I did do Exodus 90
- It was a great stepping stone program to build up a workout routine
- Found Intentional Encounter after Exodus90; still using those workouts
- Did parts of it and I think it is great as it is doable
- Awesome — I have never journaled and that made the experience extra special
- Good is there a part 2?
And the answer to that last question – is there a part 2 – is a big fat YES! We plan to roll out a more formal program in the coming months but if you’ve finished the first 40 days and want to continue please contact us and we’ll get you going.
Again, thanks for all of your feedback. We really do appreciate it.
Until next time… be holy, eat clean, and do more push-ups!